Saturday, May 22, 2010

Matte Nails


So the matte nail trend has been around for a while now, but I am just now jumping on the wagon. Matte nail polish is basically a dull/no shine/flat finish. OPI, Essie and Orly are the only brands that I am aware of that have these types of polish. I love the look of the polish! I purchased Orly's Matte Top for about $6.50, which transforms any regular nail polish to a matte finish. I also have Orly's Matte Nail Polish in Blue Suede (pictured above). The great thing about these is that it drys quickly. The downside is the finish lasts about 3 days. When you use Lotions and Oils it starts to settle into the polish, but not until the 3rd day will you really see it. I did my nails with a glossy tip by using a clear polish on to make them shine. I was inspired by a youtuber who duplicated the look Kim Kardashian blogged about months ago. So if you are up for trying something new on your nails def try the Matte look. I know the accent nails is what everyone is doing now... you know the ring finger a different color then the rest. But why be like everyone else... that's my logic = )

Peace n Love
Ash P. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment